1. First, you should pick someone to work with you know you will love, and that you can look back on the photos in ten years and be happy with the photos. 2. Second, choose a photographer that you get along with and your personalities mesh well.
Yuo are going to remember these photos for the rest of your life. I know I do and I took some about 6 years ago, I can recall my session like it was yesterday. One of the reasons I decided I wanted to specialize in boudoir is because I loved my experience and how my photographer made me feel about myself.
3. Third, choose a photographer that is going to make you feel special and give you tons of confidence. My sessions are about so much more than boudoir photos, they are about giving my clients this amazing confidence and knowing they are so beautiful. I see the beauty in every person that gets in front of my camera and you can tell that during the shoot and this takes the most shy ladies out of their shell. I know how to make anyone feel comfortable and at ease in their shoot so we get natural photos that don’t look forced.
4. Fourth, pick someone with experience and knows exactly what they are doing.
I know what I am doing and how to get stunning photos from every shoot. I have 11 years of experience shooting, and posing women.
5. Fifth, know how important these photos are, having an under experienced photographer take them might leave your photos lacking great lighting and posing you will wish you had something more.
Boudoir photos are something so personal and intimate, have it done by the right person the first time, even if that photographer isn’t me. Find someone you absolutely love and they will take photos of you that will adore.
6. Sixth, find out what each photographer offers with their session.
I have a professional hair and makeup artist who makes all of my girls look amazing. We can go as natural or bold as desired. Having a professional makeup artist makes sure that your daughter feels beautiful, confident, and empowered with herself. I also have a session for the guys with no hair and makeup but I make sure they feel just as special!
7. Seventh, how much does the photographer get to know you?
I love getting to know each one of my clients! I have them fill out a questionnaire about themselves so I can plan the perfect session for them, from wardrobe, hair, makeup, and extra things we might incorporate in the session. I also have a consult with my client to help plan the session with wardrobe. Just to make sure it is perfect for you.
8. Eight, is it just the day of the session, or do you get more help and guidance during the crazy senior year?
Not only do I shoot their boudoir session, you get emails from me to prep you for your session leading up, and my help every step of the way.
Just relax and enjoy the day feeling pampered!
9. Ninth, pick a photographer who will help you with printed products.
I am a boutique senior photographer and will be helping you through every part of the process, from the photo shoot to the Image Reveal where we can choose any albums, prints, and canvases if you would like.
My packages come with the printed products and digital images for you to keep safe and to print as you like, but it is also nice when you can have someone else do it for you. From personal experience I know many of my photos have just sat on a disk because I have never gotten around to printing them and I am a photographer haha.
Do you have photos that you have been meaning to print but never have the time…or don’t know exactly how you would like them displayed…so it just stays on the To-Do List?
Olivia is a luxury boudoir photographer for brides-to-be serving the Minneapolis area. She is also mentor and coach for other photographers wanting to level up their business with amazing processes and 13 years of industry knowledge.
22043 Industrial Boulevard Suite 1 Rogers, MN 55374 | 612.454.0355
MINNEAPOLIS BOUDOIR PHOTOGRAPHER
TERMS & CONDITIONS